Blog #8: EOTO Response Technology Timeline

 Each One Teach One: Technology Timeline Response

After listening to all of the presentations that my class members gave on their certain piece of technology, I found it interesting how most individuals chose technology that has been pretty relevant in all of our lives. That was something that stuck out to me since I did the Newspaper, which has been around for centuries, most individuals chose items like: The first iPhone or VCR. While I do know about those products, it was interesting to learn about how they started, where they are now, how much each company makes now, etc.

For example, I did not know until the presentation about YouTube, that they made 19 billion dollars in 2019 alone. I also had no idea that it was supposed to be a dating website when it was first thought of. It really showed me how things change depending on what individuals need at that time. They didn't want a dating website because those were already existent, they wanted somewhere where you could freely share videos for others to watch. It really blew my mind learning about the beginnings of YouTube. 

The second piece of technology that really stuck out to me was learning about the Radio. Not only did the presentation go into depth about how the radio used to work, but he also gave good information on different radio stations and how they have changed throughout the years. Learning that in 1945 there was only NBC and CBS and then NBC split into NBC Blue and NBC Red, which then led to NBC Blue being sold and turned into what is now ABC, was mind blowing. I did not realize how all of them were originally connected to each other at one point in time.

Lastly, learning about Cloud Computing and how all of that started was also interesting. I am by no means an IT expert/Tech Guru so it was interesting to learn how all of the information we have gets stored onto a cloud so we can share it between devices. It was also mind blowing to me that it started in 1996. I had never even heard of it until I got my Apple products and learned about Apple iCloud. The fact that was told, "1/3 enterprise IT will be on cloud computing by 2021" was also something interesting that I didn't know. To realize that it is 2021 and where technology has advanced to is crazy to me!


Comments

Popular Posts